Saturday, November 13, 2010

For the Future

What would I book to save for future generations? The book I would save would definitely be the Bible. I can’t think of another book that has impacted my life and others’ more than this one.
While some people may not agree or even believe in God, many people believe the Bible to be the Word of God. People that do believe the Bible to be the Word of God (and I include myself to be among them) believe this book to be God’s living Word present among us even to this day. It teaches us how to live our lives in a manner that is holy and pleasing to God. Even people that do not believe in God can see that the Bible if full of lessons and morals that apply to everyday life no matter what the time period or current issues of the day are. No other book has had such an impact in history since the time it was written. Take for example our government system here in the United States. Our founders created the Constitution off of things they believed were unalienable rights for mankind. These rights and principles came from the Bible and Christianity.
For years the Bible has been a best-selling book even back in the days before the printing press. I truly believe that the loss of the Bible in our modern day world would be one of the greatest tragedies for mankind.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. there is just no other book that has the impact of the bible.

    ReplyDelete